Netflix sci-fi drama Strange things is a show that became an instant phenomenon when it premiered in 2016. The show attracted many viewers since its inception. The show premiered its fourth season in May this year and received a good response from both audiences and critics. The show also enjoys a huge fan base in India.
On the subject of the show’s popularity, a spokesperson for Netflix said: “We are making great progress on this front with titles like Strange things. In addition to the singular tribute to the nostalgia of the 80s, Strange things focuses on a universally relatable message: friendship is stronger than fear. It’s a multi-generational story, and viewers of all ages have something to relate to. Each season generates memes, fan fiction and cultural moments. It’s amazing to see fans from all over the world doing Strange things a part of their lives. We will continue to innovate and bring stories that everyone can enjoy and relate to.”
As the show has been renewed for a fifth season, we bring you ten interesting facts about the show’s fourth season:
1. The recent season of Strange things has generated a general audience of more than 1,260 million hours.
two. Strange things Season 4 has been watched for over 1.55 billion hours worldwide since its initial release on May 27, 2022.
3. The last season of the series also reached number 1 on Netflix‘s Top 10 in 92 countries, which is a first for any English-language television series.
Also read: The role of Joseph Quinn in ‘Stranger Things’ helped him in the US immigration office.
4. stranger things sseason 4 became NetflixThe most watched English series in the world, state sources
5. The show’s fourth season garnered 13 Primetime Emmy nominations, including Outstanding Drama Series, among others.
6. Netflix celebrated soundtrack Strange things with a unique Indian twist in collaboration with legendary music composer Ilaiyaraaja, who created a special rendition of the series’ opening theme. The 2-minute music video showcases elements of the series and also features Ilaiyaraaja himself.
7. Popular Bollywood star and fan of the show, Varun Dhawan, created a video featuring a special tour of his home, where things get stranger!
Also Read: Stranger Things Season 4 Volume 2 Review: A Fitting Ending To The Best Season Yet
8. Netflix also partnered with popular cookie brand, OREO, to release a limited edition Stranger Things-themed red Oreo for fans to enjoy.
9. The frenzy was heightened by reaction videos that included Indian grandparents reacting to Stranger Things with Akasa, Sharan and Eshna. Indian comedian Rohan Joshi also reacted to Strange things Season 4. This shows the immense love for Strange things in India as it is widely seen and celebrated throughout the country.
10 Strange things 4th vol. 1 premiered with a one-of-a-kind projection mapping of Mumbai’s beloved and iconic tourist landmark – The Gateway of India. The heritage landmark was lit up with a larger-than-life display of popular pieces from the series, which took over Mumbai’s night skies.